Friday, August 31, 2007

~ Birthday - Part 2 ~

Mixture of emotions..

-- Sad --
Was expecting my hubby to wish me Happy Birthday as it hits midnight. I think he was playing online game outside.. waited..waited.. and waited.. Beep! My eldest brother sent me a Happy Birthday SMS .. sighz.. I gave up and went to sleep.. Hoping to hear it first thing in the morning.. alas.. I got to rush to work and never took hubby's car.. he sounds a bit frastrated too. Did I do something wrong? :( Nevermind.. On the MRT, I got another sms.. Beep.. thought it was from my hubby.. Nope.. it was from an old pal. Binbin..Still I am happy to hear from her. :) When I reached office, received my 3rd birthday wishes from my colleague, Catherine. Just when I was about to give up, Hubby finally called to say "happy birthday".. although not the first.. but at least the 4th.. (better than none.. ) Still, somehow, I feel sad. Oh well... What am I expecting anyway..

-- Happy --
When I reached office, I saw a nice Birthday present on my desk. It was from Andrea.. so nicely wrapped that I have to take a photo of it. Thanks dear...



I got my PROMOTION today! As usual, I went to office early for my scheduled teleconference meeting with my manager. I had a shock when Kerem walked in and sat beside me saying needing to have a word with us for 5 mins.. Surprise surprise, I was congratulated with the news of my PROMOTION as Kerem handed me the letter!! It really caught me off guard coz I wasn't expecting any of this. Come to think of it.. it has been 3 years.

-- Frastration --
No mood to work.. not bcos I was too happy about my promotion.. something was bugging me.. We have booked a chalet at Downtown East for the weekend.. Today, there are a lot of emails and work on hand. I have to rush home early bcos the family was suppose to have dinner before going to the chalet. I left work early at 445pm..reached bus stop around 5pm... happily thinking that I would catch the bus on time to meet my hubby and we can go off from there.. Luck is not on my side.. Checked IRIS and none of the buses (133, 107, 145) are coming within the next 20mins.. My goodness!! What happened to all the buses... Panic... at 515pm, I am still stuck at the bus stop.. My hubby had to pick me up instead.. well.. in between, there are some frastration over our phone conversation.. which I don't like.. :( Oh well..


What a day....

No comments:

Post a Comment