Thursday, October 11, 2007

~ Future? ~

Lutchie has tendered her resignation with Emerio and her effective end date is 21st November.. I am losing another person in the team...and with her departure.. it's only me.. If I were in her shoes, I would have tendered as well.. She is not well paid and the agency took a huge piece of the pie. With the relocation to Tuas, there is no additional incentives for her. With that being said, I see no reasons and motivation factors for her to stay on...

Had a long meeting with my manager and he has no intentions to rehire her as a direct contractor. His words were very straight forward and rather cold... hearing it really dampened my mood... Later this afternoon, I had another discussion with our Infrastructure Director and he has another opinion.. Sighz... Really had no idea if they have communicated and decided where to go on from here.. :S

My mood has been fluctuating lately... There are too many things happening and needing attention.. Daily cases, project, office relocation, packing, SOX audit, contractor issue... Argghhh.. I lost time with my kids.. Maybe it's really time I start looking around... then the question would be what kind of job I can take up where hours are fixed, pay is acceptable and I can spare time looking after my children... Tough.

Ah well.. at least I had a good lunch.. It's Kealvyn's birthday! Andrea and I treat our 'godpa' to a Western food meal. We had a nice chat and it really helps to cool down my head and heart for awhile. :) Quoting my manager's words... "Hang on there, Phoebe"

No comments:

Post a Comment