Saturday, November 10, 2007

~ Dinner & Dance ~


Tonight is my company's annual Dinner & Dance... sad to say Gladys and Denver are sick. Gladys' cough got worse and Denver is also having a running nose. We took them to see the doctor in the morning and he advice us it is nothing serious and prescribe them medicine.

Gladys being at a younger age is harder to manage.. she will starts to cough and eventually vomit her phelgm together with the milk or porridge.. We had to clean up the mess... but that's alright as long as she get wells soon. She vomitted a couple of times and it is indeed worrying. Still, I have to leave the kids with my inlaws while my hubby and I attend the Dinner and Dance event.


This is my 3rd year with MSD and first time attending the D&D. Last year I was on maternity leave and hence I missed the event. Who knows if this will be my last chance too? I will just have to set my mind and heart at peace and enjoy as much as I can.

We reached Pan Pacific rather early (around 630pm) and it is already difficult to find a parking lot nearer to the escalator. We managed to park somewhere not too far off. It was however not so lucky for my other colleagues who arrived late as they had a harder time even to find a lot.

Hubby and I had 車載面 at the Marina food court because we were hungry already. Our stomachs will go on strike if we were to wait to eat at 8pm.. We arrived at the ballroom at 7pm and collected our door gift. Zen Stone and earphone.. Wooooo



This year's DnD theme is Survival.. A lot of people dressed themselves up with either survival or tribal look. There are free airbrush tatoos and photo shoots. My hubby and I also took picture with a snake.

The dinner started on time at 745pm sharp and the show were entertaining. We had a table game and the goal is to build the tallest tower with straws. We managed to have a standing tower but too bad not tall enough to win a prize... but that's okay. :D

First round of lucky draw started at around 9 plus... Hubby and I decided to leave after this as we have to send our kids home.. I was telling him I would not get so lucky to strike a prize. I was hoping that they draw my number first (in any case I can't stay on for the final draw) and lucky me.. my number was picked! 1025! Yiiipeee!!!! I got a $50 Takashimaya voucher... can save this up to buy Christmas presents.


10pm - we decided to leave.. Had a good time and now I am eager to see how the kids are doing. I hope they did not cause too much trouble...Denver is still awake when we reached my bro-in-law's place at 1035pm. Gladys was asleep... but I heard from my father in law that she has again vomitted out some of her phelgm and just managed to sleep at 10pm... :( Poor Gladys. I can only hope she has a good night rest and gets well soon.


It has been an eventful night with prize, gifts and photos taken with hubby.. Tired... Time to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment