Saturday, January 26, 2008

~ Chloe's Birthday + Chinatown ~

Today is a rather tiring day... My throat started to itch yesterday and my nose is running.. seems like I am catching a flu... I felt so tired early in the morning... keep dozing off.. yawnz.. WAKE UP!!! There are so much to do today!


First, we headed off to AMK to attend Johnny's daughter, Chloe's first birthday! We were there rather early and the party was held at the void deck of Blk 333 with Thai buffet spread.

Denver was busy playing with Johnny's older son, Issac. Running around the open space... hehehe.. We did not stayed for too long as we are going to Chinatown later. Did not managed to see the Birthday girl before leaving... so paiseh..

Had a short nap, bath, eat and Hubby drove to pick my inlaws at 4pm. It is hard to have a find a parking lot... but we were lucky to see two parking lots (side by side) near the Maxwell Market open carpark as soon as we arrived. However, an old granny and grandpa were standing at the lot, 'reserving' it for their children's car.... we slowly drove in to park at one of the lot while granny continued to stand waiting for her child's car to make it's way in.. :S If not for them, the cars behind would have took it... watchful eyes were looking at them... well.. I guess most importantly, they got to park.. who cares if everyone were starring at them..


There were a lot of people at Chinatown... This is really the place to go in order to feel the CNY atmosphere... there are deco, food, snacks, clothings, flowers.... and so many more. Lucky we were there early and the crowd was not too bad.. The open market covers quite a large area and we spent quite a bit of time walking through... Denver starts to complain that he is tired and when we could go home.. He must have find it boring cos there are no games or toys to keep him entertained.


As a child, I always love CNY... the cny songs, helping my mum with spring cleaning and accompany her to buy flowers, CNY TV programs, reunion dinner (my mum makes declicious food).. and getting ang pows (although not a lot)... As my parents were always so busy working... they hardly bring us out to shop... My only memories were Dad and Mum bringing us to Chinatown to get new clothes when we were very young...

I hope Denver and Gladys (when she is older) can also appreciate CNY.. it is afterall an important Holiday for us... in many more years to come, I hope we can still go out as a family to visit the 年货市场。It would probably also be a valuable and fond memory that they can hold to like the way I had mine..

No comments:

Post a Comment