Friday, February 15, 2008

~ CNY Photos ~

Has been sick all week and hence did not manage to upload the photos taken during Chinese New Year.. Although the year did not start well for me, I still go to visiting and temple to pray for good health and fortune.

Tidied my house and am all set to welcome the New Year!! I like my house clean and neat...but with the kids around, there are so many stuff. Toys, books, clothings, food .... So hard to maintain.... Still, I think I did a rather good job :D


My Brother-in-law's place was also very nicely decorated. Every year, he will spend a lot of time and effort to decorate the whole 14th floor... even the lift lobby area.. and it really lifted the Chinese New Year mood! The family loved flowers and they will spend hundreds buying pots of orchids.

Reunion Dinner

We had steamboat for reunion dinner... I can't smell it.. but I can imagine the food was Great!!! The kids enjoyed 'playing' with the food and I ate a lot! Too bad, Gladys is too young and missed the fun :p


After dinner, we went back home and had a walk at the chinese temple downstair. There was going to be a countdown party at 10pm.. we decided to take a look and at the same time took some pictures of the kids. :)


I was not feeling well and tired.. Hence, I ask Hubby to take Denver down to watch the Lion Dance performance when the party started... Too bad I missed the fireworks at 12 midnight.. I would have gone down if I was feeling better... I heard the loud Booom and Bang from the Fireworks but just cannot make it down to video it and join the crowd.. Hopefully next year, I can bring the kids along to watch. I think they will like it.

First day of Lunar New Year


The children wore new clothings.. I love Gladys' dressing.. she looks like a korean girl. :D So Sweet!! Denver was in his favourite Ben 10 attire from top to toe.. We were all ready to visit our relatives and friends. We went to a lot of places and the kids had drinks, CNY goodies and of course lots of Ang Baos...



2nd Day of Lunar New Year

I was feeling terrible and worried over my illness. Went to visit the doctor at a nearby 24hr clinic to get some assurance and medicine... After that, we headed to the temples for prayers.. It is a usual practice to go temples to pray for Good Luck, Health, Wealth and better year ahead.













Although I am still bothered with my illness, it did not stop me from taking pictures and to stay bright and cheerful... I can't stay grumpy all day.














We went to 3 temples in the morning including the new temple at Loyang. I don't really like the new location.. Still prefer the good old one that used to be near the sea. The air is fresher and more spacious... But Denver likes the fish pond outside.. :)

After praying and wishes for a better year, we had lunch at Hubby's god-parents house and another round of visiting.

The 3rd and 4th days of Lunar new year are the usual visiting again.. mostly at Hubby's friend's house. The problem I got is the medicine I took is always making me drowsy.. Hubby did not get to play mahjong except once this CNY.. Sorry.. :(













Well, it wasn't the best CNY I had.. but I am sure it was not the worst either.. I can only hope for a better year next time... 新年快乐!

No comments:

Post a Comment