Monday, February 23, 2009

~ No Bake Yogurt Cheesecake - Part 2 ~

I tried making the cheesecake 2nd time using a 7 inch tray and made some adjustment to the receipe.



Ingredients
~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

12 digestive biscuit, crushed
4 tablespoon of butter, melted
1 package of 250 gram Cream Cheese, softened
⅓ cup of plain low-fat yogurt (about 3 tablespoon)
⅓ cup sugar (about 4 tablespoon)
½ teaspoon of lemon juice
1 teaspoon of gelatin
5 tablespoon of warm water

Instructions

1) To make the base of the cake crust, coarsely chop digestive biscuits. Mix with melted butter, and finely crush biscuits with fork.




2) Line 7 x 7-inch square pan with cling wrap, with slightly extending over all sides. I used an aluminuim foil tray for convenience..Press biscuit mixture firmly onto the base. Store it in the freezer.

3) Mix gelatin into warm water. Let is set down for 5 min, and then stir it till dissolved.
4) To make the filling, put cream cheese, yogurt, sugar, lemon juice and dissolved gelatin into a large deep bowl. Beat mixture with electric mixer at low speed until well blended and smooth.



5) Take out pan of crust from the freezer. Spoon filling over crust. Use the back of the spoon to smoothen the surface of cake.
6) Cover and refrigerate it for at least 2 hours, or until firm.



Optional: I put additional layer of jelly on top of the cheese layer.



1) Mix jelly crystals in 250ml of hot water and stir until it is completely dissolved.
2) Pour in 250ml of cold water and mix again.
3) Pour the mixture on top of the cheese layer and refrigerate it for a couple of hours.

If you did this at night, the cake will be ready the next morning. This time, I put more gelatine and the cheese holds better and looks thicker. Quite happy with the shape of the cake. :) This time it didn't looks like a biscuit.


Sampling time.. Ummmm.. Hubby prefers the previous version without the jelly. He felt that it was a bit too sour with too much lemon. But on the whole, he says it's ok. I think I like it without the jelly too.. maybe I chose the wrong flavour. But then again, the cheese layer definitely looks thicker and not too soft compared to the previous time.

Hubby took some of my cakes and gave it to my neighbours to sample. Gosh! I wasn't confident enough yet! One of my neighbour says it's nice except he felt the lemon flavour can be stronger. Hmmm.. I guess different people prefers it differently. :) Still, it was a successful attempt. Maybe next time I'll try chocolate or Oreal :) Enough CHEESE for a week.. getting fatty.

No comments:

Post a Comment