Wednesday, July 01, 2009

~ Review at KKH ~

Yesterday I took a day off to bring Denver to KKH to have his fractured arm reviewed since he fell a week ago. I was a bit upset with hubby for not arranging the timing appropriately and I ended up travelling a longer distance myself. Always felt subsidiary.. :( Anyway, I cool myself down with the thought that I'm happy to be alone with Denver, buying the MRT card, taking a train down to Little India during the peak hours.

This is when we put Singaporeans to a test... I was thinking.. Will anyone to kind enough to give up their seat to a 6 years old boy who's arm is in cast. Here's how it goes... There was a lot of people and the moment we stepped into the MRT, no one seems to see us or iniated to give up their seats. Ok.. maybe he's too short and cannot be identified easily among the adults.. Denver and I moved deeper towards the center of the train.. still he is being ignored. Denver started to 'complain' saying that he is tired and wanted to sit. Browsing around, most of the commuters are sleeping.. some reading papers and the lady who is sitting directly infront of us, finally pack her magazine and gives up her seat for Denver... I guess she doesn't has much option. :p

We walked to KKH after exiting from Little India. Went through the temperature detection scan at the entrance and put on our mask. Denver complains that it's uncomfortable and he can hardly breathe with it on.. -__- We reached P Clinic and await for our Queue... KKH just undergone a renovation and it looks newer now.. The waiting time wasn't long and Denver's cast was changed to a lighter one. He even gets to choose the colour of his new fibreglass cast.. I thought he would choose his favourite colour - Green.. but I was WRONG! He ended choosing a bright Orange cast. Denver later went for another round of X-ray with his new cast and the doctor advises that the results look good and he can come back for another review in another month.


That's is definitely good news to me and I'm really relieved... I was a bit 心疼 to see his left arm swollen with rashes... Doctor says its normal and will take weeks for the swelling to subsize. Hubby came when I was about to make payments. Just in time to send us for lunch at Sakae Sushi at Bishan and a quick game at the arcades. (Animal Kaiser - as usual).

No comments:

Post a Comment