Saturday, August 15, 2009

~ All by Myself ~

It's a tough week.. 5 days since Hubby has left to work and I have been juggling with my work and the kids. It will get tougher next month as my inlaws has rented out the other common room that we are temporary staying to a Singaporean lady (who happens to be the same age as me) and I'll probably have to take the children to & fro everyday.

There are always so many barang barang to take.. clothes, pillows, toothbrush, chargers etc.. and somehow I will always forget to bring something there or back. Last time was the starhub mobile stick.. now it's my Blackberry charger.. :(

To make things worse, Gladys wasn't feeling well. She started coughing and couldn't sleep well at night. My inlaws took her to see a Chinese physician yesterday but it didn't seem to get any better. I took Denver to the CC for his lesson and kept Gladys company while waiting.
Last night was bad... Gladys got cranky and cried. She woke up a couple of times and I didn't sleep well. She started to have running nose this morning and does not look well. I took the children on a bus ride to Dr Khoo's clinic to get some medications. On our way back, it started to rain... GOSH! Luckily I manage to hail a cab and we finally got home.

Lunch was Maggie mee with meatballs and eggs. Gladys had a short nap but she began to develop a fever. Sigh.... At the very moment, the Aircon repairman came to fix the air-condition. I have to carry her out of the room and pacify her. Good thing is they fix it rather quickly and I hope it will work this time.

Later in the afternoon was drawing time... We open up new crayons and started drawing buildings. It was one of the most colourful drawing Denver drew so far. Which was good. :)


I gave Gladys drank 100 plus (mix with a bit of water) as I was adviced by my inlaws that it will help to reduce the fever. She drank a lot and pee a lot. The temperature went down and till now the fever didn't came back - yet..

I cooked porridge for dinner and was glad that the kids like it. It was mixed with minced chicken, carrots and corns. I had luncheon meat and egg while they prefer to go with cheese. Denver had 2 bowls of porridge and Gladys finished up her bowl.


Gladys felt much better later in the night.. fever didn't came back and she is more active. I do feel proud of myself for able to manage them while Hubby is away.. The only downside is I'm sooooo tired.. I felt that I have been working hard for the entire week with not much rest time. Planning to have take some days off in September... I used up almost half of my vacation days on my dad and denver's hospital visits. Really need a little break which I very much needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment