Thursday, October 22, 2009

~ Regrets and Reflect ~

If there is ever a thing that I regret not doing.... is taking my parents to travel. 2 weeks ago, I heard my brother going to bring Mum to Malaysia.. So nice. Now Dad can no longer walk as well and he has to stay home... I don't think I ever had this chance anymore.. I missed the opportunity when my brothers took them to Hongkong a few years back. I'm so sorry.......

I felt that I'm useless at times. Ever since young, I dare not speak up.. even when my Primary school friends bullied me in school.. I kept quiet and cried quietly in the toilet until Brother Owen found me. This is me.. Timid, think too much and scared of trouble. When I do speak up, it only ended up unhappiness... Then I started to ponder, is it my fault? I just need to be more understanding and accomodating and everyone will be happy. What am I persisting on? Too many times, too many instances that I start to bottle more and more in my heart and cried it out one fine day to let go.... Although it will not be a total relief, at least I let part of it off.

I'm feeling lost.. I'm feeling bad.. everytime when things turns out ugly, I feel that I am the cause of all trouble. Why am I the bottleneck.. Why can't I just contain my thoughts and let it go. Everything will be fine if I just bottle it up and don't think about it. Since there are many things beyond our control, why am I making things difficult.. Didn't I learn my lesson? WHY!!!??

I know I'm not the only one tired... so I should not complain. I will reflect and count my blessings.... Suddenly remember a verse that someone mentioned recently..

菩提本无树,明镜亦非台,本来无一物,何处惹尘埃

世上本来就是空的,看世间万物无不是一个空字,心本来就是空的话,就无所谓抗拒外面的诱惑,任何事物从心而过,不留痕迹。

Fundamentally bodhi is no tree

Nor is the clear mirror a stand.

Since everything is primordially empty,

What is there for dust to cling to?

No comments:

Post a Comment