Saturday, March 19, 2011

~ Movies - Rango + Gnomeo & Juliet ~


March holidays are almost coming to the end and what have we been doing for the past week?

For a start, we brought the children to watch 2 movies. Rango and Gnomeo & Juliet. I seriously did not enjoy our first movie at all and even fell asleep in the cinema!! I believe this is the first time I actually DOZED OFF in the theatre! The storyline started out slow and it seems so ridiculous. I do not find it hilarious nor was it exciting. Sorry to say the entire show remained monotonous and boring to me. Gladys must have felt the same as she keeps asking me if the movie is over and when can we leave. I guess this movie is more suited to a different league of audience which I definitely do not fit in.

Gnomeo & Juliet on the other hand helps to bring the score back and gave us a fun-filled entertainment throughout the show. Unlike the well-known William Shakespeare's play where Romeo & Juliet's romance ends in tradegy, Gnomeo & Juliet had a happier ending. A simple, predictable story with little jokes cracked in between the scenes makes it a more family friendly movie for most to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment